Vision & Mission
What We Want to Do
To give Americans over 50 an impartial membership organization that gives them peace of mind through advocacy that fights the war on seniors in Washington, along with superior member benefits that contribute to seniors’ safety, security and well-being.
How Are We Going to Do It: SIZE AND ADVOCACY
- Develop an organization that can counter balance the voice and influence of AARP in Washington whose primary interest is in insurance sales to its members, and supports legislation that most seniors oppose.
- Make seniors aware that other so-called senior organizations real focus is selling insurance.
- Convince conservative AARP members to join Generation America, thus increasing Generation America’s size and decreasing AARP’s political influence.
- Provide Generation America members with personal benefits and services that are better than any alternative senior organization in order to help them economically as government policies continue to hurt us seniors.
- Promote the principles of government upon which the United States of America was founded, which include limited government, low taxes, personal freedoms, and the protection of our senior citizens.
- Provide Generation America members with advocacy, using their collective voice to reverse anti-senior legislation and policies in Washington.
- Develop a strong national voice among the media outlets to create additional pressure on lawmakers for seniors.
- Be diligent in obtaining the best sources and data to provide accurate and relevant information that cannot be called into question.
- Be completely balanced and honest in its messaging.
- Be proactive in understanding what the membership deserves and provide benefits and services that are relevant as times change.
- Since members are influenced by the media, Generation America will provide information that is honest and accurate and may seek to educate its membership on the truth about inaccurate and/or one sided information presented in the media.
- Generation America will always put the welfare of its members first.
Why America needs a new, strong organization.
- One organization has too much power and can’t fairly represent all seniors. AARP is seen as THE voice for all seniors, despite recent revelations that they have supported legislation that is harmful to seniors and that 93% of their members are opposed to their stance. As long as Washington believes AARP controls seniors, government will continue to enact policies that hurt them.
- AARP is also a licensed insurance company and sold over $7.8 billion in medicare supplement insurance alone in 2012. It will support policies that increase its profits.
- We believe there should be an organization that neither focuses on insurance sales or has a political agenda that is detrimental to seniors.
The Generation America Difference
Generation America is the Premier Membership Organization
We are often asked how we are different from other senior membership organizations. We are the PREMIER senior organization. No other senior organization, including AARP, AMAC, or other so-called senior organizations compares to Generation America’s quality of information and its supporting of collective members’ views on issues affecting seniors.
AARP & the “Conservative Alternatives”
It is no secret that AARP is a licensed insurance company selling billions of dollars in insurance each year. Many don’t know that AARP owns several for-profit companies and that much of their profit goes into those owned companies. Additionally, many people don’t know that the so-called alternative conservative senior organizations are either owned by an insurance company or owned by a person who owns an insurance agency. Their primary focus is selling insurance to their members. They will do anything to obtain an email address or mailing address in order to bombard unsuspecting “members” with promotional offers on insurance and whatever else they can come up with, from face cream to cookbooks and everything in between. One “conservative” organization wants so badly to be taken seriously that it boasts over 750,000 members when its membership is really 10-15% of that. Who wants to belong to a dishonest group whose main goal is selling insurance?
The Generation America Advantages
Generation America is NOT owned by an insurance agency, a company, or a person who sells insurance. No one at Generation America is an insurance agent or affiliated with any insurance operation. We merely have partners who offer insurance. So while the others are making hundreds, and in some cases, thousands of dollars a year in commissions on single policies, Generation America receives no commissions. It helps seniors save money with great insurance and other offerings.
Generation America is the only organization focused on the safety, security and well-being of seniors. We are the only organization that truly deserves the trust of its members every day. UNLIKE THE OTHER ORGANIZATIONS THAT PROFIT FROM SENIORS EVERY DAY, WE MAKE SURE OUR MEMBERS PROFIT FROM THEIR RELATIONSHIP WITH GENERATION AMERICA EVERY DAY.
A membership in Generation America gives you the BEST BENEFITS, BEST ADVOCACY, BEST MEMBER COMMUNICATIONS, BEST MEMBER SERVICES AND BEST VALUE. It is the only organization you can trust to deliver for you both in Washington and your own home every day.
Below are detailed reviews of the facts on why Generation America is THE PREMIER organization to which every senior should become a lifelong member.
- Inclusive Membership. We encourage all Americans who want to stop the accelerating progressive political movement that is destroying seniors to become members of Generation America. The information you receive as a member is important to know, regardless of your age. Our benefits save you money, regardless of age. While we do focus on senior issues, it is important that all Americans stand firm on the issues that are hurting seniors. Why join if you aren’t a senior? The answer is simple. You probably have parents or grandparents that are being adversely affected by the proposals taking shape right now. Cuts in medical care, cuts in financial support and financial destruction of medicare and social security. And in 2017 the planned takeover of Medicare medical procedure approvals by a financial group titled IPAB (Independent Payment Advisory Board) that will not include any medical personnel and that will be appointed by the president, which means that citizens will not have the power to pressure them on any decisions to cut costs or procedures. All of this means that we need your help to not only protect the care for today’s seniors, but also to help us protect the care you want when you reach Medicare eligibility. In short, help stop the War on Seniors.
- Not an insurance agency. AARP and other “conservative alternative” senior organizations are either licensed insurance agencies or owned by insurance executives. AARP generates over $1 billion in insurance profits each year, and the amount is increasing. A number of “conservative” organizations are nothing more than an AARP in conservative wraps. Like AARP, they are just a front for their insurance sales operations. In our opinion, it is exceedingly clear that their members and prospect lists are merely a “sheep” for insurance or other profit-making products and services, which is why their websites and member communications are predominantly advertising sites. One so-called conservative organization even rents its member file to outside companies – spamming its own members!
On the other hand, Generation America is truly here for the safety, security and well-being of seniors. We are NOT an insurance agency and we do NOT receive any commission on insurance sales. We have respected, well-known partners whose sole purpose is to take care of our members. For example, Senior Health Direct, our Medicare Supplement insurance partner, has a relationship with over 50 Medicare Supplement insurance companies to make sure that members receive the best value in their area. You can’t find a lower priced policy. Wellspring Benefits Group, another benefits partner, has a similar platform for under-65 health insurance and every type of life insurance and annuity a member might ever need. We have MetLife Auto & Home as our property and casualty partner, who has a nationwide group plan for our members, creating an incredible value. Members have access to HEAR PO, the premier hearing aid company in the USA. And the list of benefit differences goes on.
Generation America’s entire focus is to provide benefits that are better than other organizations and available at the best value. Just take a look at the top three organizations’ websites home pages for a real glimpse of this truth.
- Better information. Generation America gives you better and up-to-the minute information and news. We do our own investigative work and reporting. We post current news several times a day on Facebook and Twitter, as well as provide a weekly newsletter with the top stories and insight to help members receive information that is accurate and not provided by the biased mainstream media.
- Better Magazine. Generation America publishes a monthly eMagazine for our members that includes articles researched and written by our organization to provide timely information on important senior issues in the news. Information that goes far beyond the hype and cursory information in the mainstream media. Information that is educational and arms members, giving them confidence and knowledge they need to discuss current topics with anyone and have the facts and truth on their side.
Again, here is the proof. Below are side-by-side spreads for the AARP magazine that is produced every two months, the AMAC magazine that is published every three months, and the Generation America magazine that is published every month.
It is our opinion that the AARP magazine is mostly fluff. There is little serious content on the real issues seniors face and for which they need a voice to protect them in Washington. And the AMAC magazine is nothing but per inquiry advertising (AMAC gets paid when a member responds to one of the ads), plus a few articles it sources from other publications. In fact, their 60-page magazine is over 40-pages of advertising! Not only 40+ pages of advertising, but also product and service offerings, most of which Generation America would never accept for placement in its magazine because most isn’t in our members’ best interests.
Generation America focuses on the issues of the day and provides the meat for members to know the history and facts surrounding an issue. Again, the proof is in the material. Here are spreads from the three magazines. You decide which gives you the best information and value!
- Best Advocacy. Generation America provides the best advocacy for members. We do surveys and send the results to Washington to either the decision makers who draft legislation or to the agencies that draft legislation or create rules that affect members’ lives. The results are also sent to the White House and Congressional leadership, as well as a press release to all broadcast, print, and web news outlets. We have a representative visiting Washington and taking your views there to fight the War on Seniors.
We will be the first to tell everyone that we need more members in order to build a voice as strong as AARP’s. Our voice is getting heard, but we need an equally strong voice to truly counter balance AARP. Visit the News section of our website and read the emails between AARP and the White House and visit the magazine section for an issue completely devoted to AARP’s anti-senior behavior. You will see an organization that says it is protecting Social Security and Medicare for seniors, yet is clearly supporting the White House to reduce those programs, which is costing seniors and will generate billions more in revenue for AARP. Other organizations are fronts for PAC money and never provide a service to seniors. Their members just used. Others claim they have advocacy and use the same photo year after year as proof. Generation America is getting your voice heard and fighting the hard fight.
- Size of Membership.AARP claims it has close to 40 million members. Really? The 2011 AARP annual report reveals it prints 14 million magazines every two months. Since it makes over $225 million from advertisers in its magazines and charges over $26 per thousand members reached, you would think it would mail all 40 million members and double its ad revenue if its claims were true! The truth is that it doesn’t have 40 million members. In fact, since 2009, millions of members have resigned their membership.
So-called conservative alternatives aren’t any better. Every couple of weeks, one adds a fictitious amount of new members to its claims, yet runs its membership from its insurance agency on Long Island and from a small location in its owner’s home town in Florida. It does a little advertising but nothing to create the numbers it claims. Recently, we were shown their actual membership total and it is a small percent of their claim. Don’t be fooled. Generation America stands tall as the senior organization that puts integrity and the truth as critical values for its staff.
- Best Member Services Team. Generation America has an experienced team to take your calls and help you with your requests. It’s just another dimension that makes Generation America the premier membership organization.
The Premier Membership Organization. It is all very simple. Generation America is the only membership organization that is truly living every day for the safety, security and well-being of seniors. Become a member today and make a difference in both your life and in America’s future.
Generation America. On The Right Side For America.™
Membership is $24.00 for 1 year, $48.00 for 3 years, & $72.00 for 5 years which includes both you and your spouse. Click here to sign up today!
Yes, the membership fee covers both you and your spouse. You only need one membership.
Becoming a member is fast and easy, simply visit the registration page to start the process.
Yes, simply print out our Pay By Mail form, fill it out completely and drop it in the mail. Once your payment has been processed, you will receive an automatic welcome email.
Yes, simply print out our Renewal By Mail form, fill it out completely and drop it in the mail.
Generation America is a dynamic member-based organization advocating for conservative Americans. Generation America was created to fight for the natural right of freedom regarding American's lives, liberty and property. We believe in the American dream. We provide services, benefits and a voice for our members in Washington.
To change your personal information please call Member Services at: 1-877-290-6577 (M-F 9am to 5pm CT), or send an email to: [email protected]
To change your mailing address or phone number, please call us at: 1-877-290-6577 (M-F 8am to 5pm CT), or send an email to: [email protected]
Retrieving your password is easy. Click on "Member Login" at the top right of the page. Click on the "Request New Password" tab and fill in your Username or Email Address. Instructions to change your password will be emailed to you.
Please click here to download and submit a Partner Request Form.
We support the 2nd amendment, the right for an individual to keep and bear arms.
We support and hope all elected officials support and protect the Constitution.
We are a traditional organization where AARP has liberal leanings. AARP owns a for profit insurance agency. Generation America truly looks out for seniors and their safety, security and well-being. It is not an insurance machine like AARP which makes over a Billion dollars a year in licensing fees and Medicare Supplement Insurance profits.
Both AARP and AMAC are insurance companies and each time they sell a health or life insurance policy, they receive hefty commissions. We are not an insurance company and we do not receive commissions, thus the reason for the membership price difference.
We focus on traditional American values and stand behind our country's founding documents. Our focus is the economic safety, security and well-being of members. That's why we offer benefits that help make life better for members and why we send surveys and petitions to members so that their voice is heard. Generation America is about serving the best interests of it's members.
We believe Social Security needs to live up to its promise that it made to older Americans who have paid into the system; they also need cost of living increases. At the same time, we know that Social Security is approaching insolvency and will not be able to live up to its future commitments. It needs to be reformed for future generations and it needs to be reformed now.
Your membership fee goes to the Welcome Packet you will receive from us, the cost to produce research and the communications you receive as well as basic office overhead expenses.